This feature is available from SQL Spreads release 5.0 and makes it possible to develop and test a document against a test version of the database, and then deploy the final document to the production database.
Changing the server
To connect a document to another SQL Server:
- Click the Edit link in the Database tab in the SQL Spreads Designer
- Select your new server and click OK.
- If the new server contains a database and table with the same names, the document will use that database and table.
- If the database or the table does not exists in the new server, you will see a dialog to select the database and table to use on the new server:
Changing the database or table
- Go to the Database tab in the SQL Spreads Designer.
- Open the new database and select the table to use.
- A dialog will let you select how the new table should be loaded. Select the third option Use the setup in the current worksheet:
- Click OK.
- The worksheet will be refreshed and will now use the database and table.
Changing the name of a database or table in SQL Server
SQL Spreads will show a dialog to select the new name of the database and table:
Click OK and the worksheet will be refreshed and will now use the new database and table name.