The SQL Spreads Add-In does not show up in Excel
The Design mode button is greyed out after I've upgraded office.
Disable FIPS encryption
Note: This applies only to the Per-Machine installer. When using the standard Per-User installer you should just restart Excel to resolve the issue. For SQL Spreads 4.2.5 or earlier a restart may not resolve the issue, then please contact email@example.com for an instruction on how to resolve the issue.
- First, uninstall SQL Spreads by following this step by step guide.
- Run the SQL Spreads installer.
- During the installation, you will be asked to select if you have the 32-bit or the 64-bit version of Excel installed.
- If you are not sure which version of Excel you are running, open Excel and click the File menu in the top left corner. Then select Account and click the About button on the right side.
- In the dialog you will find the version at the end of the first row:
- In the file menu in Excel, select Options
- Locate and select the Add-Ins item on the left side of the page.
- At the bottom, locate the Manage drop-down list, and select COM Add-ins and click Go.
- Check that the checkbox is checked for the SQL Spreads Add-In and click OK.
- The Add-In should now load into Excel.
Please see this article for how to uninstall:
Please see this article for how to install SQL Spreads:
You can reuse the same Activation Key as long as you have not changed to a new machine.
To correct this you will need to disable the "Local Security Setting System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing" policy in Windows.
- Go to Control Panel > Administrative tools
- Select Local Security Policy - The Group Policy dialog appears.
- Under the Local Policies heading, select Security Options.
- Locate the “System cryptography: Use FIPS compliant algorithms for encryption, hashing, and signing” setting in the right pane and double-click it.
- Set the setting to “Disabled” and click “OK.”